Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Advanced Edition Labyrinth Lord

Finally, I have convinced my wife to play Dungeons & Dragons with me. I have played D&D for the last twenty-five years. We have been together for sixteen of those twenty-five years, six dating and ten married. I am not quite sure what made this happen but she decided to give it a try.

In addition to my wife, the group consists of Kate and Chris, a wife and husband with whom we are friends. The name of the game is Advanced Edition Labyrinth Lord, which is essentially a free edition of first edition D&D for those not in the know.

I have decided that I am not going to use any canned adventures. I have learned from my previous campaigns that I am an overplanner. I am only designing enough of the campaign to set the wheels in motion. The rest I am going to make up as I go along.

I will report how it goes.

No comments: