Saturday, April 11, 2009

A bit of background first ...

A teenage boy visits his admiring, eleven year-old cousin. He finds a boy who has been devouring Greek mythology and The Hobbit. To pass the time, the teenager regales the boy with stories of his adventures. Dungeon crawls and tavern brawls, all taking place with friends around a table. When the young man departs, he leaves the boy’s imagination buzzing and his hands clutching a weathered issue of Dragon magazine. Later that year, the boy receives the Frank Mentzer, red box version of Basic Dungeons & Dragons.

Twenty-five years passed since that fateful encounter, and I, the boy, have been gaming ever since. I played many games and systems, and I read many more. Currently, I run Labyrinth Lord for a group of three players. In this blog, I will explore my campaign world and ruminate on the hobby of role playing gaming.

No comments: